[Sticky] Product Questions & Support
We assume you mean update through the camera as in allow users to simply plot a camera manually themselves when they find one? This was trialed on a few units (Not Drivesmart) whereby a user could simply press a button to 'share' a particular location, but we found that such a database can easily get clogged up with wrong locations and misused unfortunately.
We prefer to check out the reported locations ourselves with our drivers on the road to ensure that the reported location is correct and the database remains as high quality as possible.
European data is pre-installed on all our units.
Hope this helps,
Since I undated the firmware I have a few problems.
Have reloaded the bin file and checked all the settings but still no good.
1) The camera does not retain any settings when I unplug from the car so I have to set it up for every journey.
2) There is no audio warning when I come to a camera but sometimes, I do get the warning symbol.
3) I mean sometimes because I know of a camera location and previously I had a warnings but now, I don't get a warning!
4) Sometimes I get jumbled numbers at the top right of the screen!
5) Sometimes after turning the camera on, with speed display off, the recording is hazy and the colour is orange!
6) The cruise overspeed, continuous overspeed and warning distance does not function any more!
Don't get me wrong, I do like the camera and have recommended it to friends and when all is working, its great.
What shall I do?
Apologies for the slow reply - seemed to have missed this post.
I believe there may have been a troublesome update released at some point last month. This has since been fixed and the latest update should cure all the issues you have mentioned above.
Please do let us know if you are still having problems and we'll try something else.
Have today installed the latest update on my Pro HD and it now when i turn the power off asks me to reinsert the SD card, when i do so, the message flashes a couple of times then stays on screen until power is turned off again
Can we just double check that you are using a 'Class 10' Micro SD card?